Dishonest Broker by Naseer Aruri
A book by : Naseer H. Aruri
|In this fully revised and updated version of his highly acclaimed book The Obstruction of Peace: The United States, Israel and the Palestinians, Naseer H. Aruri dismantles the many myths about the failed Middle East "peace process."
Aruri analyzes the evolving relationship between the United States and the two protagonists—the Palestinians and Israel—and argues that the U.S. government, rather than serving as an "honest broker," has allowed Israel to use violence and violate international law to maintain its illegal occupation.
As a result of its massive military, economic, and political support for Israel, Palestinians continue to be denied their fundamental right to self-determination and justice.
courtesy South End Press
248 pages 2003
0-89608-687-9 paper $18.00
0-89608-688-7 cloth $40.00
Naseer H. Aruri is Chancellor Professor (Emeritus) of Political Science at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. His many publications include Occupation: Israel Over Palestine (1983), The Obstruction of Peace: The U.S., Israel and the Palestinians (1995), and Palestinian Refugees: The Right of Return (Pluto, 2001). He was a member of the Board of Directors of Human Rights Watch/Middle East, 1990-1992, and a three-term member of the Board of Directors of Amnesty International, USA,1984-1990.
- Board of Directors
- Conference on the Arab Uprisings: Accomplishments, Failures & Prospects.
- Conference on The Arab Revolts: Causes, Dynamics, Effects
- Conference on Litigating Palestine: Can Courts Secure Palestinian Rights?
- Conference on the One State for Palestine / Israel
- Conference on The Right of Return
- Open Letter to President Mahmoud Abbas
- Fact Sheets
- Website Links
- Publications: Select Books and Articles
- The Sectarianism of the Islamic State: Ideological Roots & Political Context
- Op-Ed 'Don’t Shoot the Messenger, Israel'
- The Obama Doctrine by Jeffrey Goldberg
- Why the Arabs don’t want us in Syria
- Speech on America's Persian and Arabian Wars
- What Comes Next: A Secular Democratic State in Historic Palestine
- The Ten Mythologies of Israel
- Palestinian Hunger Strikers: Fighting Ingrained Duplicity
- Netanyahu’s Machine: The Crisis of Zionism
- The conflict in SYRIA: An exercise in settling accounts
- Globalized Palestine The National Sell-Out of a Homeland
- The Palestine Nakba: Decolonising History, Narrating the Subaltern, Reclaiming Memory
- The Suffering of the Palestinian Refugee
- Imperial by Design
- My Life in the PLO. The Inside Story of the Palestinian Struggle
- Select Bibliography on the Palestinian / Israeli Conflict
- Announcements, Political Comments and Breaking News
- TARI News