Understanding the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Primer by Phyllis Bennis
UNDERSTANDING THE PALESTINIAN-ISRAELI CONFLICT:
Phyllis Bennis, Understanding the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Primer, which has been updated and lengthened (144 pages), is now available from Interlink Publishing. You can order copies by calling 1 800 238 LINK, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The book sells for $7.95 each
In the meantime, the earlier second edition of Understanding the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict is available electronically
This electronic version of the primer was made available to the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation with permission from the Trans-Arab Research Institute (TARI).
TARI provides scholarly studies oriented towards understanding the present social, cultural, economic and political issues confronting Middle Eastern societies. TARI provides a venue for interactive meetings between Middle Eastern and international participants and provides focused research and public venues to analyze, discuss and present alternative perspectives. TARI organizes conferences, seminars and workshops to exchange ideas and present scholarly papers, as well as produce publications to share research and seminar results with the general public and specialists on the area.
Phyllis Bennis is a fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington and of the Transnational Institute in Amsterdam. She directs the New Internationalism Project, which focuses on U.S. policy in the Middle East, U.S.-UN relations, and U.S. unilateralism and interventions. Her books include Before & After: U.S. Foreign Policy and the September 11th Crisis, Calling the Shots: How Washington Dominates Today's UN, and Beyond the Storm: A Gulf Crisis Reader. She is co-chair of the steering committee of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation and works closely with the United for Peace and Justice coalition in the U.S. and with numerous anti-war organizations in the global peace movement.
All maps courtesy of PASSIA. Front cover photo of Damascus Gate in Jerusalem courtesy of Ali Hadjarian. Publication design by Geoff Hartman at inSite graphics.
- Board of Directors
- Conference on the Arab Uprisings: Accomplishments, Failures & Prospects.
- Conference on The Arab Revolts: Causes, Dynamics, Effects
- Conference on Litigating Palestine: Can Courts Secure Palestinian Rights?
- Conference on the One State for Palestine / Israel
- Conference on The Right of Return
- Open Letter to President Mahmoud Abbas
- Fact Sheets
- Website Links
- Publications: Select Books and Articles
- The Sectarianism of the Islamic State: Ideological Roots & Political Context
- Op-Ed 'Don’t Shoot the Messenger, Israel'
- The Obama Doctrine by Jeffrey Goldberg
- Why the Arabs don’t want us in Syria
- Speech on America's Persian and Arabian Wars
- What Comes Next: A Secular Democratic State in Historic Palestine
- The Ten Mythologies of Israel
- Palestinian Hunger Strikers: Fighting Ingrained Duplicity
- Netanyahu’s Machine: The Crisis of Zionism
- The conflict in SYRIA: An exercise in settling accounts
- Globalized Palestine The National Sell-Out of a Homeland
- The Palestine Nakba: Decolonising History, Narrating the Subaltern, Reclaiming Memory
- The Suffering of the Palestinian Refugee
- Imperial by Design
- My Life in the PLO. The Inside Story of the Palestinian Struggle
- Select Bibliography on the Palestinian / Israeli Conflict
- Announcements, Political Comments and Breaking News
- TARI News